2016 Show at the Oregon Zoo!
The OES Lego Physics Program presents its Zoo show, in the Skyline Room (Located beneath the Cascade Grill at the Zoo Entrance). The show is open to the public, and it is FREE!
- Saturday, June 4, 2016: 10 AM - 5 PM
- Sunday, June 5, 2016: 10 AM - 5 PM
Get an advance look at some of the models you will see on the 2016 Lego Logo Board, Packy and Zuri: Hardhats at the Ready!
Overview of the OES Lego® Physics Program
The OES LEGO® Physics program is a multifaceted enterprise that engages participants from 3rd grade, through middle school, and beyond -- in the fun activity of playing with LEGOs® . The program was started in 1989 by Jane KN and has been going strong ever since. For more on this see: The History of the OES LEGO® Physics Program.
The program consists of the following components:
- After School Classes: Construct a building, a bridge, build and race a zippy car, motorize a crane, make and program a writing machine, or invent, motorize, and program your own creations in one of the many after school classes.
- Summer Programs: Come and build with us this summer in one of our themed programs tht range over Medieval structures, machines, moving vehicles, or robotics.
- Shows. ...
- Building Events. ...
- TA & Volunteer positions. ...
In addition to the basic skills of transforming 2-D technical depictions into 3-D objects, students practice working together in teams, and responsibly representing their work and the program as OES LEGO® professionals, including being ready to explain the theory of operation of simple machines and other constructions.